My thoughts after “Undercover Nederland on Miracle of Love”

It has been 7 years since I left "Miracle of Love". Yesterday the television program Undercover in Nederland, from journalist Alberto Stegeman, brought home to me once again the joy of not being involved any longer with them, and the joy of being free from triggers.

Website for the program - watch the episode online.

Now, for the first time in the history of Mol, a journalist dared to do what they were most afraid of. Recording the inside activities, exposing (some of) their games, disclosing (some of) their secrets.
And I tell you, the camera didn’t do the real story justice. I have seen much worse then what was shown. For the general public however, what they did show was enough to give a shocking glimpse of what goes on during a seminar, and to be warned about the danger of such spiritual group.
“Miracle of love”, Kalindi spoke, “will be known for the love and care we give to the world. It is truly a mission of givers”. Well, finally the game is up and the sweet seducing love bombing one feels at the beginning of their involvement, like what “Charlotte” the undercover journalist experienced, is unmasked for what truly is: a marzipan coat hiding the most vicious and revolting manipulative power.

It is important not to forget that everyone in a cult is a victim.
A person can be attracted to a group like this for many different reasons. Both the people that are attracted, and the people already inside, tend to be very sensitive, open, intelligent human beings, honestly searching for more in life. It is that true desire and sincere will to help others that is manipulated in a group like Miracle of love. For that, there is no forgiveness possible.
Eventually some of them stayed and accepted the belief system, and -even worse- internalized it. Kalindi needed leaders to spread her kingdom so some of the first disciples that didn’t defect soon stepped up to a higher ladder in the authoritarian organization and from being a victim they became  perpetrator. In other words you start inflicting others the vicious behavior of coercive persuasion, thought reform and brainwashing. You can read more how these techniques apply in MoL organization in this post.

I sincerely hope that Stegemans program shakes up the public opinion, and that some of the members will feel more courageous now to contact an expert exit counselor like Sjoukje Drenth Bruijntjes, to weed out the false identities from their true one. Mol doesn’t teach you to find “your true self” - on the contrary, they teach you to give up your whole identity. And that is a sacrilege against the very soul of people.

It is possible to untangle yourself from MoL’s conditioning. It is hard work, you have to undo all the coercive persuasion applied to you in days, weeks, months and years by your involvement. You can eventually eradicate the cancer that took place just under you skin. And the reward you’ll find is beyond words. The price you pay in opening your eyes with that terrible pain that comes with it, is nothing compare to reconnecting again with that lost true part, the true identity.

As I wrote in the story of my life with miracle of love, I was kicked out after yet another meeting with Scotti, one of the most abusive leaders in Miracle of love. Meeting is not a correct word as I was not allowed to say anything and he just dumped his criticism on me. Abruptly he sent me out of the meditation room. I was punished for speaking up.  Few days later I was called in and told to leave the MoL organization.
Being kicked out was the best thing that happened to me in MoL!
In a very roundabout and slimy way I was told not to participate to any Miracle of love activities for one year, not to visit any Mol center. By then, I was already an outcast, living alone, having had to leave the community house I was living in before and move into a small apartment I quickly had to find for myself.

Already for a while I was not happy in Mol, if I ever was truly, and my unceasing questioning became very annoying for the leader. Somehow I was in a constant fight and rebelling against any rules and manipulation I was experiencing. I was up to my own revolution, which - in there  - could not be tolerated any longer. So after trying to mold me and bend me, to break me and force me to comply the rules and dictatorship of MOL, I was dismissed, peremptorily.

They didn’t tell me not to connect to any MOL members, who had been my friends for 8 years. But as it worked out, that was in fact a very heartbreaking painful experience. No one showed up and asked me why I am not around. It hasn’t been spoken overtly in the meditation meeting, or as far as I know in any other public MOL events. I’ve simply disappeared from one day to the next, as if I never existed before.

I had moved to Munich, and lived with these people for seven years, after one year of preparation and deep thinking between Milano and San Diego.
Needless to say, when the year was over, nobody asked me anything and by then I worked through the most insidious part of exiting myself from what I then realized was a cult.

I obviously never went back!

Glory be to freedom!
And the healthy use of a critical mind
that can freely express itself
without any screening or fear for retaliation,
punishment and more sophisticated abuse.

A very thoroughly essay from Driek about yesterday program. 
I felt in much the same way about the "poor" people still after years trapped in the MOL organization.

For those who cannot believe how "normal" people can turn into a totalitarian person I sincerely suggest to watch a very well done German movie: Das Experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment